I can’t believe it’s already October. Fall is really here – again! I love this time of year; it’s by far my favorite. Of course fall has been showing signs for a few weeks now, but this week is supposed to bring the cold snap that will start the season in full. You know it’s time to get out your boots and scarves when:
1. A light jacket is required for late night walks.
2. You can leave your windows open all day and all night.
3. The medieval club practices sword fighting at the park at dusk.
4. The air smells perfect – like wood-burning stoves, BBQs, and cooling leaves all at the same time. (Don’t ask me what cooling leaves smell like exactly. I just know they somehow add to that distinct fall smell I’m in love with.)
5. The leaves start to change color and cover the ground.
6. Pumpkin Spice is back at Starbucks.
(Image from here.)